Our non-uniform day on Friday 16th July 2021 will be based on the children coming to school dressed as one of their favourite sporting heros! They should be spoilt for choice after an incredibly positive European Football Tournament over recent weeks, as well as only being days away from the Olympic Games in Tokyo.
We are asking for a £1 donation that will be supporting one of our major boys’ secondary feeder schools, Wheelers Lane Technology College, in their quest to upgrade their outdoor astro-turf playing facilities.
The school have offered to send some of their PE staff over to Woodthorpe from September as a ‘Thank You’ for our support (curriculum support / lunchtime opportunities), as well as being able to benefit from using the upgraded facilties once completed. As always, thank you for your continued support, it’s greatly appreciated by us all.
We are hoping to develop the Reception indoor and outdoor environment over the Summer holiday. We are looking for your help!
We wondered if anyone had any of the following items and would be willing to donate them to the Reception class? If you think you may have anything then please come and speak to a member of the Reception team.
- A bird bath
- Bird feeders
- Garden planters
- Picnic blankets or bed sheets for den building
- Storage baskets (wicker)
- Kitchen utensils/ old microwave/ old coffee machine
- Small world toys still in a good condition e.g. toy cars, people, fire station, animals, car mat, garage etc.
- Children’s furniture e.g. small arm chairs
- Toy storage e.g. bookshelf/ drawers
Many thanks in advance for your support with this.
What will my child need?
- A packed lunch (including a water bottle)
- Appropriate clothing (older, comfortable clothing e.g. jogging trousers, t-shirt, hoodie, coat if necessary)
- Any medication if required
- Sunhat and sun protection if necessary
- Arrive to school at the usual time in the morning
- Activities run until 3:30pm, we are aiming to return to Woodthorpe by approximately 4:15pm. Please check Twitter (@woodthorpeji) for regular travel updates.
- Look out for password protected images of the day on this blog site to see what the children got up to!
Children can wear their PE kit, with a house-coloured T-shirt on Thursday for their